This week we’re taking you just outside the town of Alba, in the Alta Langhe area of Piedmont in northwestern Italy for our Wednesday wine. Introducing the 2011 “Lavai” Barbera d’Alba, from Anfossi Giuseppino of Ghiomo Wines!
Back in the fall of 2013, we had the opportunity to taste this wine while it was still in the barrel and talk to its creator about his vineyards, region, and process. We were extremely impressed with the wine then, and we are even more impressed with it now that it is finished and in the bottle! It is rich, vibrant, cool and smooth at the core, and would pair well with rich cream pastas, polenta, and winter lasagne.
Wednesday Wine Special:
Buy 3 bottles and receive 10% off, 6 bottles for 20% off, and 12 bottles for 30% off.
[maxbutton id=”3″ text=”Buy the 2011 Ghiomo Barbera d’Alba Lavai” url=”http://store.nexternal.com/wellprod/2011-ghiomo-barbera-dalba-lavai-p119.aspx”]
The discount will be automatically applied in the cart- no code needed- but it will only apply through 4 pm PST on Friday, December 4th.
You can thank us later for turning you on to such an amazing Barbera d’Alba!
Latest posts by Nancy Garvin (see all)
- A Sparkling Selection: From Italy, with Love - August 13, 2016
- Oregon Wine Month Profile: Eisold Smith “EDEL” - May 19, 2016
- Italians In the News! Wine to Survive the Winter Season - January 20, 2016
- Simple Pleasures Sparkling Collection - January 15, 2016
- It’s a Sparkling New Year! - January 9, 2016